Log Book Lesson Topic: Preparing for the Driving Test
At the end of this lesson you will be able to correctly:
- Make all required adjustments to enable safe, comfortable and effective control of vehicle.
- Locate and understand the function of controls, gauges and warning lights.
- Move the vehicle from and return to the kerb.
- Use a smooth and effective method of steering.
- Change gears smoothly and efficiently to suit road conditions, speed and vehicle requirements.
- Use your eyes to scan the driving environment for important information and hazards.
- Safely reverse the vehicle.
- Safely and legally drive in low to medium density, whilst encountering simple every day traffic situations.
- Park the vehicle safely and legally.
- Safely and legally drive in medium high density, complex traffic situations.
- Safely and legally change lanes, merge, diverge and overtake other vehicles.
- Maintain a crash avoidance space to the front of the vehicle by managing the vehicle speed.
- Maintain a crash avoidance space to the sides of the vehicle by selecting appropriate road positions.
- Make safe decisions when joining or crossing traffic, lane changing or proceeding at traffic lights.
- Protect crash avoidance space by making an appropriate response to hazards.
- Gain experience driving at night time.
- Gain experience driving in adverse conditions such as wet weather, fog, snow and ice.
- Gain experience driving in rural environments.
- Gain experience driving in complex and busy city traffic and motorway environments.