Locally owned and operated, Adept Driver Training is based in Maclean in the Northern Rivers (NSW) and offers quality driving lessons with a highly experienced driving instructor with 25 years of training students at both a learner and advanced driver levels.
- Accredited with Roads and Maritime Services (NSW) – now known as Transport for NSW,
- The Transport Industries Skills Centre (A.C.T).
- Graduate of the Close Personal Protection (VIP) training course (A.C.T), and
Over 95% of students passed the Transport for NSW (formerly RMS) “P” Plate practical exam on their first attempt in 2020, and 100% so far in 2021 (as at 31 March 2021).
Adept provides an “all encompassing approach” to learner driving that includes:
- A very high emphasis on safety,
- Smooth driving techniques,
- Money savings tips (regarding both the vehicle, and the students driving skills), and
- A brief overview of the ramifications of dangerous driving (Police, Courts, road rage and insurance).
How many lessons are required for learner drivers to progress to a provisional licence is different for each student.
For students who know little about the workings of a car,Adept recommends they undertake an Introductory lesson that includes *60 minutes where they are taught about vital components of the car, and then a 30 minute drive.
* The 60 minute “in-car” tutorial teaches students the very basics of maintaining a car, including areas that require regular maintenance checks, and the layout/operation of the passenger cabin.
Transport for NSW (formerly RMS) has information for students and parents when selecting a driving school. Click here to be directed to their webpage. Alternatively, a copy of the questions (and answers) can be found on our FAQ page.
There is no-one I cannot teach to pass the driving test!
The following is a complete list of suburbs we service:
- Alumy Creek
- Evans Head
- Lower Southgate
- Palmers Island
- South Grafton
- Waterview Heights
- Woodford Island