Locally owned and operated
Adept Driver Training is based at Maclean in the Northern Rivers (NSW) and offers quality driving lessons with a highly experienced driving instructor with over 25 years of training students at both a learner and advanced driver levels.
- Accredited with Transport for NSW (formerly RMS).
- Accredited as a Keys2Drive instructor by the Commonwealth Government.
The only company between Coffs Harbour and Evans Head to be accredited to provide this free driving lesson.
- Graduate of The Transport Industries Skills Centre (A.C.T).
- Graduate of the Close Personal Protection (VIP) training course (A.C.T),
- Graduate of the 121 Driver Training Pty Ltd driving instructor certification course.
- Guest lecturer (2017-2022) at the RYDAcar program (Yamba) for all school age students in the Northern Rivers area studying year 10.
- Guest lecturer at the RYDAcar program at Woolgoolga in 2021.
- A member of the Yamba Chamber of Commerce.
(As at 8 May 2022) 100% of students have passed the Transport for NSW (formerly RMS) “P” Plate
practical exam on their first attempt.
Between 2016 and 2021, 95% of students passed on their first attempt
(correct as at 25 April 2022).
Adept Driver Training provides an “all encompassing approach” to learner driving that includes:
- A very high emphasis on safety.
- Smooth driving techniques.
- Money savings tips (regarding both the vehicle, and the students driving skills), and
- A brief overview of the ramifications of dangerous driving (Police, Courts, road rage and insurance).
We specialise in the following areas of driver training:
- Learner drivers studying for the P plate practical examination.
- Elderly drivers wishing to practice for the older driver assessment test (from age 85).
- Intellectually challenged students.
- Physically challenged students.
Adept Driver Training also conducts accident investigations on behalf of clients subject to civil litigation to determine the cause of specific vehicle accidents. Knowledge gained in this process is in turn passed onto our younger students to hopefully have them not make the same mistakes.
How many lessons are required for learner drivers to progress to a provisional licence is different for each student.
For students who know little about the workings of a car, Adept recommends they undertake an Introductory lesson that includes *60 minutes where they are taught about vital components of the car, then followed by a 30 minute drive.
* The 60 minute “in-car” tutorial teaches students the basics of maintaining a car, including areas that require regular maintenance checks, and the layout/operation of the passenger cabin.
The following is a complete list of suburbs we service:
The only company between Coffs Harbour and Evans Head to be accredited to provide a free driving lesson.